My husband loves linguine and clams. When we go out for Italian, it’s almost a given that he will either get this dish or a pasta dish with red sauce and sausages. For this blog update, I will give you my take on linguine with a white clam sauce. I don’t eat clams, so I can’t truly give you my review on this dish…but I got a great review from DH!
DELICIOUS! He loved this meal and ate the whole thing! It’s a very fast meal to make and could easily be a week night meal!
1 pound of linguine or your favorite pasta (I used cavetelli)
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 tablespoons butter
6 garlic cloves
1 12oz. can of Victoria White Clam Sauce
10 little neck clams
3/4 cup of white wine
Juice of 1/2 lemon
3/4 cup of heavy cream
Salt and Pepper
Red Pepper Flakes
1. Cook the pasta according to directions.
2. In a large skillet/pot over medium high heat, add the olive oil and 1.5 tablespoons of butter.
3. Add the garlic, clams and white wine. Stir and then cover. Reduce heat to medium.
4. Take the little neck clams out as the shells open up and remove clams.
5. Place clams back in pot and cook for an additional 3 minutes until the sauce had reduced. Add the remaining butter and stir to melt.
6. Reduce the heat and squeeze in the lemon juice.
7. Sprinkle with the Italian Seasonings and Red Pepper Flakes.
8. Pour in the heavy cream.
9. Add the salt and pepper and stir well. Cook until well heated.
10. Plate the pasta and pour on the clam sauce mixture.
11. Top with grated cheese.
Adapted from The Pioneer Woman Cooks Cookbook