These are a crowd pleaser! I made these for a cookie swap this past Christmas…yes, I’m a little late blogging the recipe! But these are great to make all year round. And they are super easy to make. Enjoy!!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter. Stir in the egg and vanilla. Add cake mix, and stir until well blended. Roll into 1inch balls and roll the balls in the confectioners’ sugar. Place 1 inch apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 13 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from baking sheets to cool on wire racks.
Yields about 2 Dozen.
Recipe from: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/gooey-butter-cookies/