These have to be one of the best breakfast potatoes dishes I have ever made! On New Years Day, I made a brunch for Daniel and I and this dish was certainly the best! It was so easy to make. The potatoes were so flavorful. They were soft and crispy at the same time. Feel free to add additional seasonings until desired taste.
- 2 pounds new red potatoes, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon Neely’s BBQ seasoning (1 1/2 cups paprika, 3/4 cup sugar, and 3 3/4 tb. onion powder)
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh parsley leaves
While the potatoes are cooking, heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat and add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Add the onion and peppers and saute until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Remove the vegetables to a bowl and reserve.
Into the same skillet, add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the potatoes in a single layer. Let cook for 4 to 5 minutes so they form a slight crust. Turn the potatoes and continue to cook for 3 to 4 more minutes. Add the paprika and seasoning and continue to stir until the potatoes are cooked and crisp. Stir in the onion and bell pepper mixture. Season again with salt. Remove to a serving dish and garnish with parsley.
Recipe: Pat’s BBQ Home-Fried Potatoes – http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/neelys/pats-bbq-home-fried-potatoes-recipe/index.html