A) There isn’t a location very close to our house.
B) It’s always such a long wait to get a table.
My favorite thing to get at the Cheesecake Factory are the Avocado Spring Rolls! They are presents of goodness! Avocado, Cilantro, Tomatoes are the main ingredients in this awesome combination! They are deep-fried to perfection!
Here is a great copycat recipe I found online today that I think comes pretty close to the actual restaurants recipe. I give these a A+. The picture definitely doesn’t do any justice to how good these taste!
- 1 large avocado, peeled, pitted, & diced
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 egg roll wraps
- 1 egg, beaten
- Gently stir together avocado, tomatoes, onion, 1/2 teaspoon cilantro, and salt.
- Distribute filling evenly onto center of each egg roll wrapper.
- Position a wrapper so that a corner is pointing toward you; fold the bottom corner up, 1/4 of the way over the filling.
- Brush remaining corners and edges of the wrapper with egg, roll up from side to side, fold top corner over all and press to seal.
- Repeat with remaining wrappers.
- Continue by deep-frying the egg rolls in 375 degree oil for 3-4 minutes, until golden brown.
- Drain on brown paper bags.
- Slice egg rolls diagonally across middle and serve.